Daniel Wimmer / FHWS: “The shared strength of the alliance is diversity”
Dr Daniel Wimmer is the head of the International Office in FHWS, and he coordinates the 3IN Alliance activities within FHWS. When he is not working, he spends time with his daughter, jogs and reads.
– I have been involved in the alliance from the very beginning, but I am particularly interested in the further development of international mobility of students, professors and staff, says Wimmer.
Wimmer thinks that every university brings something valuable to the alliance. He finds that the technical orientation of FHWS combined with its applied and especially multidisciplinary approach to research and teaching is a relevant contribution.
– The shared strength of the alliance is diversity. We have two small universities of applied sciences with a social orientation from Scandinavia and a technically oriented university of applied sciences from Central Europe. These characteristics have shaped our universities over a long time, and now we are putting together them together – that makes us strong, he says.
There were different perspectives and traditions, common challenges, most intensive discussions – and in the end, a mutual concept.
Wimmer has enjoyed working with international colleagues: Reaching achievements together has been rewarding.
– I have fond memories of a workshop held in Würzburg, where colleagues from the International Offices of the 3IN partner universities were at our university. Together we discussed and developed the basics for a joint mobility programme, Wimmer recalls.
– These were two intensive working days, but here you could feel in every minute what trans-European co-creation can be. There were different perspectives and traditions, common challenges, most intensive discussions – and in the end, a mutual concept. That was great! Wimmer continues.
Welcoming the diversity and further developing the transnational cooperation is the direction in which the alliance is going.
– We see the future of higher education in a trans-European orientation – we want to turn our students into European citizens – and for this, the 3IN Alliance with its very diverse member universities is ideal.
Read all stories from the 3IN website.
The 3IN Alliance brings together diverse European higher education institutions with a joint mission: a world where no one is left behind. The Who is Who series introduces staff members and students behind the scenes of the 3IN Alliance.